Greeting Chaminade Hockey Family,
I hope this email finds you well and your boys are off to a great start at school. Chaminade has done a remarkable job of finding a way to get these young men back to school in safe environment and the Hockey Program will be doing the same with our partners at Maryville University Hockey Center https://www.maryvilleuhc.com/.
First, welcome to all the new hockey families and welcome back to all of our other families. In a normal year, we would have a parents kickoff meeting at Chaminade to go over the season and answer any questions. I will do my best through this email, but you can always reach out to any of the coaches or Board Members for direction. In the meantime, here are some details on the season and how we would like to proceed:
- Please register your son(s) through our website, Sports Engine https://ccphockey.sportngin.com/register/form/283341611#_ga=2.6016115.1945274246.1599225736-1176135689.1597777076 This must be completed prior to getting on the ice next week.
- All practices and ice times will be at the MUHC in Chesterfield Valley on Mondays (4:20 PM to 5:20 PM), Tuesdays (5:30 PM to 6:30 PM), Wednesdays (4:20 PM to 5:20 PM) and Thursdays (5:30 PM to 6:30 PM). The coaches will divide the practices to meet with the game schedule, but typically Varsity and JV will practice twice a week. Should there be any conflicts that the ice cannot be used by one of the teams, the B-Team would have use of the ice time for a practice.
- If you or anyone in your household has a fever or has come into contact with someone that has tested positive for Covid, please refrain from attending any hockey functions until such a time you are given an all-clear from your medical provider. We need your support on this. Anyone who enters the MUHC will have to wear a mask and have their temperature taken while answering questions that must be taken seriously.
- The MUHC has gone to great lengths to deep clean their facility and provide a safe atmosphere for hockey players. If you need any additional information on their policies, please go to: https://www.maryvilleuhc.com/
- The Varsity Red Devils will be competing in the Marquette Pre-Season Tournament in Wentzville starting the week of the 13th. More info on this as it come available.
- Mid States does plan on having a season. We do not know what it will look like yet and much of it depends on St. Louis County guidelines. When we know more on this or a schedule is issued, we will post on our website immediately. Typically, Mid States has a league for Varsity, JV and a B-Team Developmental team which can have 7th-9th graders participate.
- For all Hockey related functions, please use our website for information at http://www.ccphockey.com
- Depending on availability, the Varsity team plans on participating in the Chicago Blackhawk Christmas Classic (HoHo Tournament) in Chicago from December 27-30. More on that as it becomes available. Additionally, JV typically participates in a Holiday tournament here in St. Louis. More on that as it becomes available as well.
- The Club Offers families the opportunity to have their fees offset by selling ads for the Club's Annual Yearbook which displays the player's and team's pictures as well as a special Senior Section. For more information on this, please reach out to Tom Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org We could always use more volunteers on this as well.
- Jacqui Kremer: email@example.com is the Varsity manager extraordinaire. Please make sure she has your email address/contact info for additional correspondence throughout the season. We are in need of a JV manager as well. If interested, please reach out to Jacqui or Coach Watson.
- The Varsity Coaches for this season are: Joe Watson (Coaching Director), Tom Kaiman, Chris Ambrose '05 and Keith Van Gels (Goalie Coach). Our JV Coaches are Brett Overie, Dr. Tom Runco '03 and new to the staff Lukas Daniels. The Hockey program is very lucky to have such high caliber coaches who understand what the Esto Vir spirit is all about while developing hockey players both on and off the ice.
- Should you have any additional questions, please reach to any of the following: https://www.ccphockey.com/page/show/342954-contacts Generally speaking, all questions can be answered by any of the above mentioned above. For all on-ice activities, please contact Coach Watson.
- We have plans to host our annual golf tournament fund raiser in October. We would love to have as many parent's involved in this as possible either as volunteers, sponsors or participants in the tournament. Cost is $150 per player or $600 per foursome. More info will be coming out on this as well. This is the single largest fundraiser the Club provides for it's family's benefit.
- Coach Watson will have an apparel link in the near future where families can order all of their Chaminade Hockey gear.
- We will again be assisting at the Chaminade Father's Club Christmas Tree lot. The Father's Club has been a long time supporter of the Hockey Club. In return for their financial support, our Hockey Father's and son's volunteer to work the tree lot throughout the Holiday Season. Gus Jacoby '90, firstname.lastname@example.org will be our Father's Club representative this season.
This should provide the basis of the 2020-21 season. This will have to be a fluid process where decisions are made in the best interest of our families at a moment's notice. We will do our best to stay out in front of the schedule and provide solutions where needed. We look forward to a safe and successful season. Thank you for your support!
Matt Hrubes '91
Chaminade College Prep Hockey